Thursday, May 04, 2006

All Good Things...

Tomorrow is my last day at DNA Productions Inc...yes its true. About 2 months ago the company was told that due to no projects lining up behind our current one, significant layoffs would be occurring. Apparently significant means....well...most everybody. So tomorrow myself and the majority of the animation dept will walk out of the studio for the last time. Unless I forget something and have to go back to retrieve it.

My 6 years at DNA were pretty great. I did enjoy my time there very much. The artists really did make the company what it was and I worked along side some great talent. Everyone in the animation dept worked so well together and the team really was hitting their stride. I think our work on Ant Bully will show that.

I have grown quite fond of my fellow animators and I can honestly say it won't be easy not seeing their bright and shiny faces everyday. For me, it's like losing a 2nd family. And it sucks. I plan to keep in touch with every single one of them, except Barry.....because he annoys me. I kid.....or....do I? ;)

Now you know why my blog has been dead lately. Obviously when something like this happens you run the emotional gambit, from feeling angry and hurt to panic and complete freak out. There was also some random vomiting. All this equals no blog entries. I've spent much of the last two months in the land of angry; I'm not only a resident, I'm also the mayor! And you can't write goofy stuff when you're angry. Well I guess you can, but I chose not to.

Unfortunately for my five dear readers the blog will be going on hiatus for a bit. With this news of my layoff you are asking "what's next for ole Ray?" and the answer is "ROAD TRIP".

Yes I plan to rent the wonderful Tom Green romp and watch it over and over and over....basically until I am numb. No my silly hobbits we are packing up the Animato-mobile and getting the hell outta Dodge....er Dallas. I need a vacation by gum and DNA has been nice enough to offer me an extended one. We are going to drive around and visit family and pan handle in major cities all across the U.S.; it's going to be a blast!!

And when we get back....Well I can't say just yet. Walmart seems interested, but I would really rather sell lumber at Home Depot....keep your fingers crossed!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry to hear that my friend. I had wondered having heard about others at DNA but was hoping you'd made it through. I hope you have a wonderful break with you family and I look forward to seeing more great work from you - be that animimation or info on what kind of nails to use for my deck...though I'm hoping animation:)

I'll keep checking back for updates:)

Anonymous said...

Ray,
Dont worry, talented guys you will find a way. I know it & it would me greastest accomplishment someday getting to work with the likes of you. Thanks for your encourgement & direction i appreciate it! Yes that Floursack did have a limp.. I glad you noticed :) Remember if things get real desperate you can come & private tutor me & sleep on my couch!!! your fan, Les

Anonymous said...

What?!
Road-trip????

What about AM?? You won't be leaving us so soon, will you? :O

-boosi, sadly :(

P.S. You're gonna be ok. Something will come up :>

(I'm psychic)

Anonymous said...

nice read...you jerk! I even was nice enough to im you today telling you that Pirates is closed at Disney until the 7th of July. Well I hope you don't get it or check your blog and show up at Magic Kingdom and walk over to the Pirates all excited and BAM! "This ride is closed due to renovations" Poor Ray.....You just might hear me laughing over at Splash Mountain!


For real though, have fun and maybe we will run into each other...... and I can annoy you some more!

-barry

Anonymous said...

Good parting post, Ray. Have fun on your trip and try to let the anger... flow.. away.... ;)

Cya when you get back!

Tanja said...

Take a deep breath, enjoy the break, and good luck with your next animation job! See you online when you get back...

t

tonymation said...

Raymation will make a come back! It always happens on the VH1 specials, so I know it will happen for Animator-Boy. But on your month long trip, you have to hit rock bottom first. Well, today was my first Monday without hearing Ray or Paul remind me that I'm fired. So I'm sad... Here's to working along side you guys again. Gotta go, the soupline closes soon.

Hector said...

Sorry to hear about this Ray, but hey opportunity appears in many ways man, Im sure therell be nothing but good things to come. Hope you enjoy your vacation and best of luck with everything. Looking forward to seeing you around the AM campus again!

-Hector

Shephard said...

Ray, your friend Les is right. You've come too far and worked to hard to give it all up. The talented always land on their feet, even after a bit of stumbling and skidding.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you *today*
~S