Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Baptisms and Beaches and Birthdays Oh My!!

The blog updates have been sparse lately and for good reason. We have been busy busy at the studio with Shrek 3 commercials for Dreamworks. I did a bunch o shots with Puss N Boots (who is my favoritest character in the Shrek universe) for Spanish television...a couple of which where in actual Spanish which was interesting. So I was jamming on those shots, trying to get 40 some seconds of animation done before heading out for vacation.

Yay vacation!!! And where do I go for a weeks vacation? Why Florida of course. Did you really have to ask. And a busy week of vacation it was.

First we attended the baptism of my brother's daughter, Little Miss Pretty Hair. It was the first time we got to meet her so that was fun and since she and Lil Pumpkin are super close in age they had lots to discuss.

I was asked to be her godfather and as such, I spent the day of the baptism making people offers they couldn't refuse and stuffing orange peels in my mouth. The usual godfather kind of things.

After baptism weekend 2007, we borrowed my dads SUV, packed it with a ton of beach gear and headed to Amelia Island, which is located on the Atlantic, near the border of Florida and Georgia.

Ah the beach. The crashing waves, the salty sea air....I love it. When I becoming uber rich, which should be any day now, I will be building a house on a beach someplace and there I will stay...for the rest of my natural life or until I get bored.

Wonder-pea loves the beach. She loves chasing the birds, splashing in the water and digging for buried treasure. One of my favorite moments of the whole trip was running with her on the beach, splashing in the surf and gasping for breath; I need to exercise more often I suppose.

After a few days of beach trip 2007 it was back to Orlando and on to Disney's Beach Club Resort. This is probably one of our most favoritest resorts at Disney World mainly because they have amazing sandy bottom pools and a beach..right there at the pool. Unfortunately its also an amazingly expensive place to stay, but since my parents are cast members at D-World they hooked us up with a discount...huzzah!!

We spent a fun day at the Beach Club pool where Wonder-pea chased birds, splashed in the water and dug for buried treasure all without the threat of being sucked out to sea. That night we went to dinner for Wonder-peas 4th birthday. We took her to a character dining place which means that Mickey and company will come around and interrupt your meal every ten minutes. It was all good though as Wonder-pea was super excited.

With birthday weekend 2007 complete it was time to head home. The flight back was less than ideal as Lil Pumpkin cried most of the way. At one point he was crying, Wonder-pea was crying, my wife was crying and I was buying up all the little alcohol bottles that were on board....and I was crying.

But we had a great time so the hellish return trip was worth it.

No comments: