Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ant Bully Opens Tomorrow

Yes it is true. Opening day is almost here. Over the next three days stop what you are doing and run out to your local cineaplex or IMAX theater and watch the Ant Bully.....over and over and over. Reviews are slowly trickling in and apparently the movies message of "teamwork" and being part of a "community" is being interpreted as a sinister communist plot to warp the minds of children.

I wish I was kidding.

Well comrades I don't know what to think of these comments. I mean I didn't think everyone would dig the movie, but one reviewer compared Lucas to Osama Bin Laden and said the movie was like a communist manifesto for kids, while another said the movie was a slap against humans and humanity. Whoa nellie. People really need to go easy on their meds before going out to the movies.

We leave in a world where people, kids and adults, are becoming more and more cut off from one another. Technology has advanced to the point where we don't really need to spend much time among other humans. In the film, Lucas is a kid wrapped up in himself. He is sort of a self made loner who stays locked away in his room, away from his family, playing video games. Through his journey he learns the value of being part of a community, to think of others and not just himself, the importance of working as a team and that his actions do have consequences.

Yeah what a bunch of crap.

That's just the kind of BS I don't want Wonder-pea learning. No indeed. I want her to be selfish and self centered, not giving a hoot about anyone else and only worrying about herself. Oh no you don't Ant Bully, you won't warp my daughter's mind with your evil message of tolerance and understanding.

1 comment:

tonymation said...

I am floored at these interpretations, and you know how crazy I can get about politics. It's amazing how people can scratch too deep below the surface of a film and draw up conclusions so way off target. They are an colony of ants! Ants work together... not a whole lot of deviation you can get there. Do I want my son to think like a drone worker bee... no, but I also don't want him to be a selfish loner either. This movie is about finding that happy middle.