Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dr. Jones

Unless you live under a rock, you probably know that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull opens today. Woohoo! In a few hours I will be heading to the theater to enjoy "the adventure of a lifetime" with the "man in hat"...and other tag lines that have been used with these films.

I am reasonably excited, but not overly so. I waited 20 years to see some other movie sequels from a franchise I enjoyed as a kid only to walk away with a feeling of "meh". Thank god the guy responsible for "those" sequels isn't involved with this new Indy movie......oh wait...

My expectation is that it will be on par with Last Crusade, which was a good movie but had too much humor/gags in it for my taste. When I learned that Indy would have a tweenage companion I thought "crap..Short Round". Now I liked Short Round just like I liked the Ewoks....when I was 12, but now..not so much.

I've also been a little concerned that KOTCS would be too Crusade-like, but in reverse. So instead of clueless Dad along for the ride we have clueless tweenager asking dumb questions and chasing seagulls on the beach.

But...I am excited. It will be fun to go on one last adventure with Indiana.

Poll results for: Bad Jobs for Donald Duck...and we have a tie!!
911 operator (21%)
child care worker (5%)
english teacher (26%)
motivational speaker (11%)
opera singer (5%)
brain surgeon (26%)
yoga instructor (5%)

New poll is up!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well what did you think?

I wanted sooo bad to really like it....but "meh" is my final verdict.

3DBurke said...

I checked my brain at the door and enjoyed the ride. Had a fun time with the flick despite a few "WTF?" moments. It's better then Temple.